PDA

View Full Version : Browsing and Folders

Supergluey
02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Okay , First off I jsut want to say that this is a great program, it's easy to use. However I'm having a problem with one thing. Is there a way to make a hyperlink so that it has an action to browse the cd? Like therefore it would open a explorer windows showing the contents of the cd. Because I tried Launch Application , and then jsut putting the directory name, but it doesn't work. All it does is that it popups a box ( like i told it to ) to browse to the application. Hwoever, that's nto what I want. I want it to open a window to show the root of the CD, which brings me to the next problem.

How do I get it to open a folder inside the root of the CD, like (C:\Folder1\)
so that when you click in the demo ( for example , Folder1 ) it would dispaly the folder 1 directory. I asked thsi becuase I want to point to a directory fill with text files that the users can select rather than having to click on each link, when they can jsut browse to that folder and pick it up themselves.

Anyways, thsoe are my rpboelms, hoep someone can help me, thanks! :)

Supergluey
03-04-2005, 03:07 AM
Oh come on , 99 Views and no replies??

Does anyone knwo know hot to create a menu they will brwose to teh folder of the cd? or to a sepcfic folder?

Chandy Navarata
03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Use the Launch Application action to explore the contents of the CD with the following settings:

Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Command Line: /e,/root,<path><path>
Set Current Working Directory: No

Hope this helps.

Supergluey
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Use the Launch Application action to explore the contents of the CD with the following settings:

Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Command Line: /e,/root,<path><path>
Set Current Working Directory: No

Hope this helps.

You my man , and jsut saved me a lot of work!! THanks a lot, finally somebody reply. However jsut one note, it would work if you jsut put the application mae as explorer.exe instead put <WinDir>explorer.exe<WinDir> then it work beautifically. Anyways, thanks again, really really appreciate it!

:) :D