PDA

View Full Version : Error 1322 : A portion of the path exceeeds the length allowed by the system.

vivekprasanna
02-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Error 1322 : A portion of the path exceeeds the length allowed by the system.

I keep getting this messaga whenever I build the project. Is there a solution to this?

Thx,
Vivek

MichaelU
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Is your project stored near the root of your drive (e.g. in C:\My InstallShield 10.5 Projects\MyProject.ism) or in some deep subdirectory? As a test will it build properly if you copy it (and any necessary files) to somewhere like C:\IS\MyProject.ism?

vivekprasanna
02-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I still keep getting this error message. I have moved the entire project to C drive and rename the project as well. Still it doesn't work. Please let me know if there is anything i can do.

MichaelU
02-25-2005, 01:02 PM
You say this is when you build the project, but the only documentation I can find in a quick search on this is for a runtime error 1322 from MSI: http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107068. You may wish to check to see if the article's advice applies.

vivekprasanna
02-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi,

Thanks a lot Michael. It worked. I had created some wrong entries in the directory table and that was causing the problem. Once I deleted the invalid entries everything went fine. Thanks once again

Regards,
Vivek

Tim Mayert
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
What else can cause this issue? I checked the Directory Table and there is nothing in there that looks incorrect and the problem occurs during the install when the XP machine is set to Galician language. If the machine is set to any other language then the install works fine....

Could setting the machine language to Galician change a folder to be invalid and if so how would I fix that?

Thanks,

Tim Mayert
07-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Another strange thing to mention is that if I run the install in logging mode the 1322 error does not appear, so I can not check the log to see if I can see an incorrect path there....

JunzTan
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, anyone who can help me. When I install microsoft vs 2008, it will appear this error meesage just like this topic. How to solve this kind of issue?