PDA

View Full Version : Disk1 Subfolders

samsquared
02-25-2005, 10:42 AM
I have an IS 6.2 install that has a "Support" folder under Disk1 (Setup Files\Uncompressed Files\Disk1\Support). When I run the 6.2 build the "Support" folder gets placed under the Disk1 media.

How do I do that in 10.5? (I'm currently evaluating 10.5)

Somebody
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Are you saying that is you make a copy of your existing 6.2 install and open it with InstallShield 10.5, and let InstallShield 10.5 upgrade the copy of your 6.2 install, that it does not configure things correctly for you by default as part of its upgrade processing?

samsquared
02-25-2005, 11:06 AM
You've summarized the situation correctly.

Somebody
02-25-2005, 11:49 AM
I started a new install from scratch with InstallShield 10.5 awhile back, and I had a similiar problem to what you described. I thought maybe if I had upgraded from an install built with an earlier version of InstallShield, though, that maybe things would work because I am not real familiar with the InstallShield 10.5 interface yet. For me, it seemed the quick answer was to not use a subfolder structure under the SUPPORTDIR. Maybe somebody else knows more about this with InstallShield 10.5.

anitabs
03-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Check this link
helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield10-5helplib/SetupFiles.htm - 5k - 2004-11-15

samsquared
03-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for your reply but that's not the problem I'm having. As there was in the IS6.2 install, there should be a folder with the name "Support" under Disk1, not the SUPPORTDIR. If the media were copied to a CD, the root would have the IS install (cab files, setup, etc.) and there would be a "Support" folder that contained other installs.

In IS6.2 I do this by creating a "Support" folder under Disk1 (Setup Files\Uncompressed Files\Disk1\Support). When the media is built this folder and its contents are copied under Disk1. The conversion of the project to IS 10.5 did not do this and I'm trying to find out how I do it.

Perucho
03-02-2005, 11:15 AM
In IS 6.x, you had 2 ways of adding files to your SUPPORTDIR and DISK1 directories. One is through the IDE, and the second way is by manually putting files on the project directory ("\Setup Files\Compressed Files\0009-English\Intel 32") through windows explorer (shell).

In IS 10.x you don't have a "Setup Files" directory anymore.
This means that you have to use the IDE to add your files.

IS 6.x

C:\IS\ProjectName>TREE "Setup Files"
Folder PATH listing
C:\IS\PROJECTNAME\SETUP FILES
├───Compressed Files
│ ├───0009-English
│ │ ├───Intel 32
│ │ └───OS Independent
│ └───Language Independent
│ ├───Intel 32
│ └───OS Independent
└───Uncompressed Files
├───0009-English
│ ├───Intel 32
│ └───OS Independent
├───Disk1
├───Language Independent
│ ├───Intel 32
│ └───OS Independent
├───LastDisk
└───Other

You can create your own "Setup Files" directory to use it as a placeholder, but you still have to go through the IDE and add these files.

i.e.
ProjectName\Setup Files\Disk1
ProjectName\Setup Files\SplashScreen
ProjectName\Setup Files\SupportDir