PDA

View Full Version : unwanted files

revilord
02-24-2005, 04:14 PM
I have a setup type that just installs empty folded and an mdb file. Install shield it installing a bunch of stuff I don't want and forcing a restart

files insatalled are
odbcjet.hlp
msrepl35.dll
Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU
and a bunch of others

There are no other features selected. Where are they comming from??

RadhaK
02-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi,

Few files are automatically installed to make installscript engine to run. They are required to run the setup. This will not cause any problem. It automatically gets deleted during uninstallation.

revilord
02-25-2005, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't mind the files at all if it didn't force a restart. How do I get around a restart.

RadhaK
02-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi,

Is it forcing you to restart the system automatically after installation?

revilord
02-28-2005, 08:51 AM
The install transfers the files and asks me to restart. After restart the installation continues (i.e. a registration form pops up to fill out). If I don't restart the installation does not continue. After the first install of the program I can uninstall and reinstall without having to restart.

I created a test project that installs the same files and had the same registration form. I installed it on a clean machine and it again had to restart. I then made sure there were no dependancies on dot net in the test project and installed it on a new clean machine and this time it installed without restarting. Plus all the unwanted files that are transfering in the real project are not being transfered in the test project.

I think I have turned on something that is causing IS to think these files need to be included.

revilord
02-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Further investigation is showing me that the dao 3.6 is causing the reboot. The dao object is included in the project but it is not being install with the setup type that I am choosing. still checking....

RadhaK
03-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Hi,

All the built-in files automatically installed in actual installation folder not to the one which we created. These files are used for making the Installscript engine to run.