PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting cursor movements

LaBelleIseult
02-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Help, help, help! I have captured my screens, adjusted the scene times, recorded the vocals and inserted them, but when the demo plays it seems disjointed... Let's say the vocal takes 5 seconds. Well, the cursor moves to the next click point in 2 seconds and sits there in nothingness... The cursor goes from the initial click point to the next click point which isn't there until the scene moves to the next one. How do I adjust the length of time the cursor takes to move from one point to the next?

Thanks for your help!

Meditrain
02-24-2005, 03:14 PM
are the cursor movements part of an animation or video capture?

Chandy Navarata
02-27-2005, 01:36 AM
Which version of DemoShield are you using? Are you using the Automation object to play your animations?

Regards,

EthanBedwyr
02-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Sounds to me like she's not using an automation.

LaBelle, if you are using an event to move your cursor, there are two ways you can control the timing of cursor movements.

The first is the Event time (where it says "At X.X seconds into the scene" on the Object Styles tab). For example, if your first sound starts at 0.0 seconds and takes five seconds, consider not moving the cursor until 4.9 seconds or so.

The other thing you can do is set the Cursor Movement Duration property on the Move Cursor action. You can specify how long it should take for the cursor to move by selecting from the drop-down list (from "Immediately" to 2.00 seconds).

Hope this helps. :)

If I'm wrong and you are using automations, let us know. That's the way I've always done it (via automations), and I'm sure we can help you work that out.