PDA

View Full Version : Setting Registry Values from String Table

rcf21963
02-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Is it possible to setup the registry node in an InstallShield script (not MSI) so that the actual value comes from the string table?

I see in the help file that MSI scripts allow you to use the [PropertyName] syntax to set the registry values, but I don't see any way to do this with IS scripts.

Wincor
02-22-2005, 07:46 AM
A bit unsure if I really got what you meant (correct me if I´m wrong), but you can access the defined string values by its name.

For example: you defined a string value IFX_BUILDNUMBER in your string table, you can access its value with @IFX_BUILDNUMBER whereever you need this string (Messagebox, Registry, whatsoever).

Hope it helps
Wincor

rcf21963
02-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know you can reference the string in the script as @yyyy but what I was looking for is in the tree view (far left) that has all the set up information (Installation Info, Organization, Application Data, System Configuration, etc) -- I dont know the name of the tree view...Anyway, in the "System Configuration node, there is a "Registry" node, where you can configure the registry to your liking. When you pick this node, you can define all your keys and values. It is here that I am wanting to use the string table.

I know I can easily set the reg vals in the script, but using the Registry node, then InstallShield manages the removal at uninstall time. Plus, this view is much easier to see all your settings rather than in the code.