PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Combo box in InstallScript project

revilord
02-17-2005, 12:58 PM
I created a custom dialog box that includes a some text boxes and a few combo boxes. I don't know how to populate the list of a combo box when I am using an InstallScript Project. There is not item list.

My second problem is I need to figure out how to use the fields in the form to populate and access database table. Then I will need to read the fields back into the next custom dialog box.

DLee65
02-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Items Once you click in the Items value to edit it, an ellipses button appears to let you edit the combo-box items in the List Items dialog.

To add a new item to the list, click the Add button. For each item you must enter text, which is the item that will be displayed in the combo box, and a value, which is the value that will be assigned to the property if this item is selected.

revilord
02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks Dan but there is no item property in an InstallScript project dialog box. I only wish it was that easy. Anyway I found the ListCreate() function and was able to create the combo box list. They certainly don't make dialog boxes easy.

On to the next issue which is adding the forms data to an Access DB.

RobertDickau
02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Right, there's ListCreate, ListAddString, and so forth, to populate the list; and CtrlSetList to associate the dialog control with the LIST variable; and CtrlSetCurSel and CtrlGetCurSel to set and get the current selection...