PDA

View Full Version : Missing threads & errors

davidlutz
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
I have two questions, if you don't mind.

1. I have a sound object playing from the main menu. When I return to that menu from a sub-menu, the sound stops!. The only sound action I have on the main menu is to start the sound. I've tried adding a Resume sound action, but no luck. The sound item is Worldd4, from an earlier version of Demoshield. (boy, I wish I could find some more good public domain background music! :-()

2. Most times, when I exit the demo, I get a Microsoft error report, which shows that there has been an exception at 4e7a22c. Happens ALMOST every time. Windows XP Pro. All I'm using for the Exit button is a Stop Demo action. I've tried Terminate Demoshield, but this also produces the same error. It's not consistent, and so far I have been unable to find a sequence of actions that causes/doesn't cause it to happen. Tried it on several different machines with the same result.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Chandy Navarata
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Dear David,

1. It would help if you can post a copy of your demo that exhibits this behavior.

2. I will be unable to resolve this issue without a series of steps to replicate the issue.

Regards,

davidlutz
02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for your response.

For item 1, I found a workaround that works.

Item 2 : It doesn't happen all the time, but is more likely to happen if I have used the product to launch an application,

Sample attached (minus production files). Email me for password.

Chandy Navarata
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
David,
You can email your demo to cnavaratan@macrovision.com. Please zip all the files and then email it.

Regards,

Chandy Navarata
02-14-2005, 08:11 AM
David,

I have received the demo. I will need one or more scenarios to replicate the issue i.e., the navigation I need to follow within the demo to see the error message.

Regards,