PDA

View Full Version : -1603 Fatal error during installation, occuring after upgrading to 10.5

atulmisrty
02-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I recently upgraded from DevStudio 9 to InstallShield 10.5, and now I'm getting the following error as soon as the installer appears to start coping files:

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information

This error is occuring on all of our test machines. This error never happened with the install packaged built with DevStudio.

I went through all of the items listed in Q107182. None of those suggestions helped.

I have a log file from the installer, but I can't seem to figure out how to attach it to the post.

Any thoughts?

atulmisrty
02-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I found the solution. I had to remove the creation of a virtual directory for IIS and add it back into the project. Seemed to fix the problem.

thanks,

anitabs
03-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Hope this link resolves issue

helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield10-5helplib/IHelpInstallationSequence.htm - 44k - 2004-11-15

michael.s.white
03-28-2005, 02:33 PM
When you day you removed and readded the custom action did you just remove it from the sequence or remove the entire custom action and readd it.

I'm curious because I would like to try this and see if it helps with my issue as well

MHolmes
03-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I am having the same problem. This is rediculous that I have to remove things from my project and re-add them. I have several IIS VDirs that need to be created. The above link doesn't even talk about this problem, so I am still not sure how that applies.

Is this the only known work around? This is really frustrating