PDA

View Full Version : ISWiAuto1050 and Stand Alone build

Duh_ug
02-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Can the IS Automation be used on a machine that only has the Stand Alone Build program installed?

Basically, I've got my build (clean, well, as clean as possible) machine where I don't want to install the full development copy of IS. On this machine I've copied the SAB. I've also manually registered the ISWiAuto1050.dll library file and manually copied over the various interop files.

My C# app works fine on a machine where the full IS appication is installed, but fails with a "Object variable or With block variable not set " error message when it attempts to execute the automation code on the build machine. I would assume that there are some other dll's that I'm missing.

Any documentation on how to run/install the IS Automation without having to install the full IS program?

MichaelU
02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I think the file you want to use is SAAuto##.dll, in this case SAAuto1050.dll. Using ISWiAuto##.dll will require the full IDE to be installed on the machine. Please see the help documents for details on the Standalone Automation Interface (http://helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield10-5helplib/StandAloneBuild_AutoLayer.htm).