PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall uses launched setup script instead of proper uninstall script

_redec_
01-28-2005, 01:08 PM
First, my application doesn't have maintenance, just uninstall...the change button is disabled in the Add/Remove Programs, so whever they hit the Change/Remove button, it will always just pop up with "Are you sure you want to completly remove this application?".....so having that said, here's the problem I'm having: If I have version 1.0 of my product installed, and then someone downloads the installer for version 1.1 and runs it (multi-instance) the first screen I get is "would you like to install a new instance or maintain/update an existing installation". If I select the maintain/update, then it prompts "Are you sure you want to uninstall...", and if you choose 'Yes' it will attempt to uninstall the v1.0 application with the uninstall script for v1.1. Should it not launch the proper uninstaller for the version thats installed? What's the proper way to do what I'm attempting to do?

And on a more minor note, is it possible to change the text from "Maintain or update the instance of this application selected below" to "Uninstall the instance of this application selected below"?

_redec_
01-31-2005, 10:29 AM
actually....I guess my real problem is that I don't want it to even show the "install new or maintain/update existing" screen, I want it to just always assume a new installation (unless of course it is run from add/remove programs)....how would one accomplish this?

_redec_
01-31-2005, 10:44 AM
I found the setting...nevermind :)