PDA

View Full Version : Set current working directory option does not work

zengland
01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I have an application which I wish to install through my CD browser demo.
It is a subdirectory, I shall call mydir.
This installation MUST be run from mydir.
However, the launch appliation action I assigned to the button does not seem to be working.

Properties set are
Application Name: <path>mydir/setup.exe<path>
Set current working directory?: yes
Application Command line:
Wait for the appliation to end?: no
Message to display if appliation not found: Message

This does not work however.
When the button is clicked, my installer attempts to launch and returns the message that it is being run from the wrong directory.

Is this a known bug with DemoShield 8?
Is there anything I can do to get around this?

Chandy Navarata
01-31-2005, 02:16 PM
There are no known issues with the 'set current working directory' setting int he Launch Application action. I'm attaching a sample demo that I would like you to try. Please make sure you extract the contents of the zip file to C:\ as I have hard-coded the path of the application to C:\.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

zengland
01-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Your demo worked as is.
However, it does not quite reflect my situation.
The demo is in the 'root' directory of my CD.
However, in multiple subdirectories I have applications which need to be launched by different buttons.

I changed the blah demo to try to launch notepad in a subdir and it is doing the same as my project.

Is my understanding of the option incorrect?
If the "Application Name" is set to subdir/app.exe, should it not change to the subdir and then launch app.exe?

Chandy Navarata
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Your understanding of this feature is right however there appears to be an issue with the 'set current directory' setting that our QA team is currently investigating. Thank you very much for reporting this issue!

Regards,