View Full Version : setub.dbg missing

01-20-2005, 04:22 AM

I want to debug my setup. But if I start debug then only the normal installation is done and no debug window is seen.

In my script folder there is a setup.rul and a setup.inx but no setup.dbg file.

I've also installed InstallShield Proffessional 6.3 and the debugger in C:\Programs\Common Files\InstallShield\IScript\ISDbg.exe has version Does this makes problems?

Thanks in advance

01-21-2005, 03:25 AM
i've the same problem.
my setup.dbg file is also missing
does anybody know a solution?

01-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Do you have any custom code in your setup.rul, or is it essentially a blank file? I'm only specifically aware of difficulties debugging the latter.

02-01-2005, 05:02 AM
There is custum code in the setup.rul.

But I found a link to the same problem:

It seems that this is only a problem of the german edition. With the newer version of IsDbg.exe the debugging works.

02-22-2005, 08:01 AM
I believe there is a problem with the script debugger with German editions from the beginning like Dev 7 to InstallShield 10.5 German editions. Make sure the version of the ISDbg.exe is correct in the product which you are using. For example if you are using InstallShield X, check the version of isdbg.exe is 10.

03-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Check this link for debugging

helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield10-5helplib/ODKTesting.htm - 10k - 2004-11-15

helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/InstallShieldXDebug/DebugDebug_a_setup_on_any_computer.html - 5k - 2004-05-03

10-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I wanted to add to this reply because none of the previous suggestions actually helped me, until i found by accident something that did. I'd like to save someone else some time on dealing with this. Surprised, the dev of this install haven't pinpointed the problem.

Anyway, i have a InstallShield project that i've been upgrading from different versions starting from v5. I now use v12. Same issue, no setup.dbg. How i got it working is toggling the preference under the Menu Build/Settings. Under Compile/Link toggle the option Generate inline debugging information.

Now it was on for me originally but for some reason doesn't create the setup.dbg, which you would think it would. I actually just turned it off... and the setup.dbg started getting generated again. Play with this option to see if that solves your problem.