PDA

View Full Version : .Net 1.1 Service Pack 1

nickfinity
01-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I just upgraded to 10.5 from DevStudio. I think this has been asked before, but here goes. What do I need to do to install .Net 1.1 service pack 1 with my app? I downloaded it, but it doesn't show up in the merge modules/redistributables list. Unfortunately I don't have much time to get this done. Is there an easy solution?

Thanks,
Nick

rgunawan
05-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I need to install .NET 1.1 SP1 as well.
Anybody found out anything about this?

Hello,

I just upgraded to 10.5 from DevStudio. I think this has been asked before, but here goes. What do I need to do to install .Net 1.1 service pack 1 with my app? I downloaded it, but it doesn't show up in the merge modules/redistributables list. Unfortunately I don't have much time to get this done. Is there an easy solution?

Thanks,
Nick

KarenMcElroy
05-12-2005, 08:22 AM
I need to install .NET 1.1 SP1 as well.
Anybody found out anything about this?

Well, this makes three of us. I have the same problem.

nickfinity
05-13-2005, 09:09 AM
What I ended up doing was installing 1.1 and at the end I launched the 1.1 service pack that I downloaded from the Microsoft web site. That was really the only way it could be done using InstallScript that I was able to figure out. I do not know if InstallShield has released any updates or not. I do know that it can be done using MSI, but I don't know much about MSI. I've always used InstallScript.

KarenMcElroy
05-13-2005, 09:39 AM
What I ended up doing was installing 1.1 and at the end I launched the 1.1 service pack that I downloaded from the Microsoft web site. That was really the only way it could be done using InstallScript that I was able to figure out. I do not know if InstallShield has released any updates or not. I do know that it can be done using MSI, but I don't know much about MSI. I've always used InstallScript.

Thanks,

May I ask how you launced the service pack? I thought about doing something similar, but can't get anything to work. I'm using InstallScript, too.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Karen

nickfinity
05-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Whether I did it right or not I don't know, but it did work. I copied the service pack to the target directory during the installation. In OnFirstUIAfter I did

NET11SP1= TARGETDIR ^ "dotnet11sp1.exe";
LaunchAppAndWait(NET11SP1, "", WAIT);
ShowObjWizardPages(NEXT);

szTitle = "";
szMsg1 = "";
szMsg2 = "";
szOpt1 = "";
szOpt2 = "";
bvOpt1 = FALSE;
bvOpt2 = FALSE;

SdFinish (szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOpt1, szOpt2, bvOpt1, bvOpt2);

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have trouble. I'll try to help as much as I can.

Take care,
Nick

KarenMcElroy
05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Nick,

Just the ticket, except I had to change dotnet11sp1.exe to dotnetfxSp1.exe which is the file that I downloaded. It did launch an install and tell me that SP1 was already loaded, so I'm pretty close to the mark, at least.

I think this will do for now, unless someone has a more elegant solution for us.

Thanks again,

Karen

Whether I did it right or not I don't know, but it did work. I copied the service pack to the target directory during the installation. In OnFirstUIAfter I did

NET11SP1= TARGETDIR ^ "dotnet11sp1.exe";
LaunchAppAndWait(NET11SP1, "", WAIT);
ShowObjWizardPages(NEXT);

szTitle = "";
szMsg1 = "";
szMsg2 = "";
szOpt1 = "";
szOpt2 = "";
bvOpt1 = FALSE;
bvOpt2 = FALSE;

SdFinish (szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOpt1, szOpt2, bvOpt1, bvOpt2);

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have trouble. I'll try to help as much as I can.

Take care,
Nick