PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall problem

pmmbala
01-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi,

when installing our product (setup created by installshield 10.5) the final step is create a new folder on application path and transfer some files from Disk1. The problem is i placed the script on Onend event. so when uninstaling the product its again try to create a folder and transfer the files to application paht. Could anyone please help me which event i should place the script.

Thanks
Bala

TsungH
01-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Perhaps, you want to wrap that in a condition so that it will not get run at uninstallation.

vivekprasanna
02-02-2005, 08:27 AM
HI Bala,

Click on Sequences --> Installation --> Look for the script or EXE which you do not want to run again during uninstallation.. on the rightside, you would now see a custom action window for the particular EXE. Click on condition and paste this is the space available.

Condition:
(Not Installed Or Reinstalled) And (Not PATCH Or IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE)

Regards,
Vivek

Diadem
02-03-2005, 05:43 AM
I can't see how to access the "Sequences". Where is that?

vivekprasanna
02-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Hi,

1. Open the project.
2. click Installation Designer tab.
3. Under Behaviour and Logiv, Click Sequences.
4. In the next column, Click on Sequences.
5. Expand the + sign --> Installation. Under Installation, look for UserInterface and Execute.
6. Look for the script or EXE which you do not want to run again during uninstallation. Click on it.
7. In the next column, you would now see a custom action window for that particular EXE.
8. Click on condition and paste this is the space available.

Condition:
(Not Installed Or Reinstalled) And (Not PATCH Or IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE)

Diadem
02-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks.

I don't have the "Behaviour and Logic" branch. Is that something you only get with msi projects?

DLee65
02-03-2005, 08:27 AM
If I have code that I do not want to execute within any IS Event I simply create an if condition.

if (!Maintenance) then
//code to execute only during first install
else
//Code to execute during Modify, Repair or Remove
endif;

You can further define the process if you want code to only execute during Repair or Remove or Modify. If you do this, the beware that you need to test for both Maintenance Mode and the setup type as the enumerated values of REPAIR, MODIFY, REMOVE are duplicates of TYPICAL, COMPACT, CUSTOM. :D

TsungH
02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Behavior and Logic View (http://documentation.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield10-5helplib/IHelpISXSetupActions.htm) does not appear QuickPatch and Smart Device project types.

JoFischer
03-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi,
I would suggest to do your action (create folder and copiy files) in a more appropriate event.
As you recognized, OnEnd is called everytime (maybe even when aborting - I'm not sure currently).

To do things like your actions I suggest the events OnFirstUIAfter and/or OnMaintUIAfter.

It is much easier to select the appropriate event instead of using a wrong one and then produce tons of code to control the situation, where you really wnat the action.

HTH,
Jo