PDA

View Full Version : Dialogs

emoule
01-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello

I want to exclude certain dialog boxes during my basic MSI project.

One exapmle is the license agreement dialog, I don't want that to show up during the install at all.

I have deleted the license dialog from the dialog boxes view and now when I run the setup I get an error 'Internal Error 2803. NoDialog'.

I have looked this error up in the help and it says 'Dialog View did not find a record for the dialog [2]' - that makes sense but I am still unsure how to exclude this dialog, or if it can be done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TsungH
01-12-2005, 07:09 PM
You don't have to delete any dialog from Dialog view, and I will not recommend deleting LicenseAgreement dialog.

What you should do is to change the button behavior on the dialog before and after LicenseAgreement dialog from Dialog view. You can easily identify the dialogs (before and after LicenseAgreement dialog) from Sequences > Installation > User Interface.

DeployIT SA
01-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi

This is what must do:
• Open Dialogs
• Select InstallWelcome
• Click on Behavior
• Click on Next (Control Name)
• On the Events Tab you will have
NewDialog | LicenseAgreement | 1
• Click in the Argument (LicenseAgreement) column
• Select from the list the dialog you want to come after the InstallWelcom
• Select the dialog you’ve chosen to be after the InstallWelcome
• Click on Behavior
• Click on Back (Control Name)
• Change the Argument for the NewDialog Event to InstallWelcome
Follow the same steps for any other changes you want to make to the order of the user interface.

RobertDickau
01-13-2005, 10:33 AM
(And in a small set of cases, you can use the Installation Interview page of the Project Assistant to add or remove dialog boxes.)