PDA

View Full Version : SQLLogin Dlg

burked
01-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I cannot connect to SQL with my installation on Win2003. I can open with query analyzer just fine. During install, I get

"Could not connect to SQL Server '(local)' [4]

Doesn't work if I switch to server name either.

Anyone seen this?

thanks,

Daren

lambchop8
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Yes, I ran into the same problem. No matter how I try. I cannot connect to the server. Like you, I can connect just fine with SQL enterprise manager.
I post a message yesterday, but no reply yet. How about you? Did you resolve the problem?

burked
03-24-2005, 12:41 PM
I ended up uninstalling SQL Server and reinstalling it on this machine. There was no other way around it. Somehow that fixed the problem... though that isn't an acceptable solution if it happens to a customer :)

lambchop8
03-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I tried to uninstall the server instance and reinstall it during setup. It still have problem connecting to the server. I was wondering if it has to do with ODBC setup. BTW, I am new to installshield. Could you show me how to turn the logging on. I am using Basic MSI project.

Thanks.

BenSaw
04-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Since this involves 2003 -

Do you guys use any sort of connection string with some "\\"s in it? I just repaired a custom dll called through Install Script - all I did was remove the slashes from the connection string.

It had always worked on XP, but the slashes made it choke on 2003.

My error was "Named Pipes Provide: The network path was not found."

Hope this helps - Ben

ltucker
04-19-2005, 01:18 PM
HI --
I ran into the same problem when installing MSDE2000. Basically I modified the setup.ini file

[options]
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0

Adding this entry allowed me to connect to the database.

I believe if you use the disablenetworkprotocols=0 to initially install MSDE, then it is configured to allow EM then you don't need to use the svrnetcn.exe unless you want to change the port. I use the following when installing MSDE:

c:\MSDERelA\setup SAPWD="MyPassword" SECURITYMODE=SQL DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0

Hope this helps!!

michael.s.white
10-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Has anyone else seen this? We are experiencing this on a customers server.

They are running a windows 2003 server with SQL 2000 SP4. Adn when they input the local instance it the same can not connect to 'Instance' [4] error.

We built our installer with Installshield 10.5