PDA

View Full Version : Express Training Manual Now Available!

bobcorrigan
01-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Express Training Manual Now Available!

Need some help with InstallShield Express? InstallShield offers the “Learning MSI Projects using InstallShield X Express Edition” training manual. In this manual, you’ll learn about Windows Installer basics, how to create and customize an Express project, and how to implement patches.

To read a sample chapter and view the complete Table of Contents, visit http://www.installshield.com/ispress/default.asp.

LeftSeat
08-03-2005, 06:45 AM
When can I buy the new version? When I clicked on the link I was taken to the Macrovision Online Shop, where I found "Learning InstallShield 11® Express Edition." But when clicked on BUY, the only book I found listed is the old Express X edition. Thanks.

AdminDW
08-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Learning InstallShield 11.0 Express Edition is the sixth book down in the list on the "Books and Training Materials" page in the Online Shop.

LeftSeat
08-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the quick response, Derek. If that book was on the list yesterday, I need to work shorter hours. Ordered today.

DBCUSER
11-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I got the 10X book couple of months ago. Is it any different than 11 and do I get discount if I want to upgrade it to 11?

Thanks.

TREQQER
01-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Question: I run InstallShield v.5.0 and I've been asked if there is a way to have an .exe installed on the desktop but to run the program from the install CD and not have anything installed on the hard drive. Is there an option in 5.0 that allows the end user to choose to install on the hard drive or to run from the CD install drive and to have the .exe of the program install on the desktop?

I await your replies....

TruongPhat
08-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks! Just in time i need it :)