PDA

View Full Version : Creating transforms

Oysteinl
01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi

I would like to be able to create a Transform and populate it with data through script\code like the WindowsInstaller.Installer or ISWIAutomation, rather then having to set this in the Direct MST mode of the IS10.5 IDE. (Creating a Transform based on a single .MSI package)

Is there some way that I can do this?

(It would be sufficient if I just could edit an already created MST file through script\code.)

RobertDickau
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
There's not an easy way... How about making the changes to a copy of the base MSI database with MSI Automation, then calling Database.GenerateTransform and Database.CreateTransformSummaryInfo?

Oysteinl
01-13-2005, 06:42 AM
"Not an easy way", but still possibile ? :)

Tried the suggestion below, it seems work,thanks.

I was hopig that I could avoid the extra code that I need to write in order to create a copy of my origianl MSI, and populate it with my new changes before I run the Database.GenerateTransform, but it will do.

As far as I can see there is no option to change the values during CreateTransformSummaryInfo, this is correct right ?
(Even though the Summary Information Settings are availble as properties - "Summary Information Stream Property Set" help file)

While I can open the newly created transform in IS10.5 IDE, I get an error message stating that I cannot open it if I create the Transform as embedded, is this an error or have I missed something?