PDA

View Full Version : Limit to size of a launched app?

bdleshin
01-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Is there a limit to the size of an app launched within Demoshield 7.53? I am trying to launch acrord32.exe, which is about 7.5MB, and it just quietly fails. Other apps (setup.exe, a 2.75MB demo, etc) launch fine.

Any help appreciated!

JoannaG
01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Hello,

There is no size limit to a file that can be launched using DemoShield's Launch Application Action. If the file is greater than 4 MB, however, you will need to make sure it is Imported by Reference into the Resource Manager rather than embedded in the demo. When a resource is Imported by Reference it is not embedded within the .dbd but instead resides externally. Path tokens can be used to specify a relative path to the file. For example, if the file was Imported by Reference into the Resource Manager a copy of the file is automatically placed in the same location as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe) when creating a distribution. <Path><Path> tokens can be used to specify a relative path to that location. Make sure to test the Launch Application Action from the distribution so that the external player is used and the correct file location is referenced.

For more information on resource size limits see Knowledge Base article Q102562 INFO: DemoShield Resource Size Limits.

For more information on using DemoShield Tokens see the DemoShield Help Library topic, "DemoShield Tokens."

For more information on resources Imported by Reference see Knowledge Base article Q107613 INFO: Resource Manager: Importing by Reference vs. Embedding Resources.

The InstallShield Knowledge Base is located at http://support.installshield.com.

I hope this is helpful. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.