PDA

View Full Version : Debugger keeps prompting for EventsSetup.rul.

Somebody
01-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I have a project that causes the debugger to prompt me for a file location for a file named “EventsSetup.rul” every time I start to debug the project. When this occurs, a popup box is brought up with a tree view. If I want to continue to debug, I have to traverse through this tree view to “C:\Program Files\InstallShield 10.5\Script\Ifx\Src”, for the debugger to work. The debugger does not “remember” this location, so the next time I debug the project, I again have to traverse through the tree view to the proper location again. This constant traversing every time I debug the project is getting time consuming.

Is there some way to get the debugger to “remember” the location of the “EventsSetup.rul” file?

Thanks

Somebody
02-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Has anybody been able to find a solution for this problem?

Thanks

clayc21
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I am also having the exact same error. seems like a bug to me but installshield will not support their product without a support contract.

mc013b
04-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I am also having the exact same error. seems like a bug to me but installshield will not support their product without a support contract.

I think it's definitely a bug (I'm on Service Pack 1 of 10.5), but once I browsed and pointed to:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield 10.5\Script\Ifx\Src

The debugger started running properly.

:mad: This is pretty annoying because each time the debugger starts up I have to browse to the file again. I think it looks for this file because it wants to step through OnIISCheckRequirements first (I'm adding an IIS virtual dir through the interface and this function is in EventsSetup.rul).

Regards,
Mike

danny8wong
04-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Add the path "C:\Program Files\InstallShield 10.5\Script\Ifx\Src" to the "include" environment variable. This should resolve the problem.

andyamstrad
04-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Hi

I have experienced the same problem with the debuuger. Im using Installshield X.

I have added the path 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Script\Ifx\Src' to the include envioronment variable and still no joy.

Any comments??

Regards

SCSmith1
05-05-2005, 12:31 PM
I have a project that causes the debugger to prompt me for a file location for a file named “EventsSetup.rul” every time I start to debug the project. When this occurs, a popup box is brought up with a tree view. If I want to continue to debug, I have to traverse through this tree view to “C:\Program Files\InstallShield 10.5\Script\Ifx\Src”, for the debugger to work. The debugger does not “remember” this location, so the next time I debug the project, I again have to traverse through the tree view to the proper location again. This constant traversing every time I debug the project is getting time consuming.

Is there some way to get the debugger to “remember” the location of the “EventsSetup.rul” file?

Thanks

FAIW -- I am having the same issue. It seems that when I click the canel button on the dialog box the debug continues without issue. I only run into problems when I attempt to respond to the request for the file.

releaseman
06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
When configuring IIS through Installscript, the installation wants to run the function OnIISCheckRequirements in EventsSetup.rul. However, after adding IIS functionality to your installation, this function is not automatically overloaded in your install's setup.rul script.

To overload OnIISCheckRequirements, do the following:

1) Go to "Behavior and Logic"->"Installscript".
2) Select the "Before Move Data" global event handler.
3) Select the "OnIISCheckRequirements" event handler.

You should now see the OnIISCheckRequirements event in your setup.rul script, and your installation should no longer need to find EventsSetup.rul.

Hope this helps,

Kalin