PDA

View Full Version : GDIPlus merge module

ironmike
01-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Has anyone had any luck with the GDIPlus (or GDI+) merge module? I have it in my project and it does not seem to install the gdiplus.dll file at all.

The target machine is XP, SP2....

I even got so desparate and made a setup just for this merge module... still no workie.

Any tricks, tips, ideas, etc.?

thanks for any info,
Mike

wu_bala_1978
01-05-2005, 08:23 PM
hope this helps -> support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q108762 (http://)

ironmike
01-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Not quite... but it got me thinking.

I opened the merge module in IS and double-checked to make sure that the file was there. For the file, there was a property called "Condition" and it was set to NT < 501.

I deleted the condition text, saved the msm and rebuilt my setup (double-checked the settings for the merge module to make sure they were the same). Now gdiplus.dll is getting installed!

thanks,
Mike

Brad Peterson
02-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Not quite... but it got me thinking.

I opened the merge module in IS and double-checked to make sure that the file was there. For the file, there was a property called "Condition" and it was set to NT < 501.

I deleted the condition text, saved the msm and rebuilt my setup (double-checked the settings for the merge module to make sure they were the same). Now gdiplus.dll is getting installed!

thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike! I ran into the exact same problem you did. The gdiplus.dll file was not found the users computer after the install, even though I had the newest gdiplus.msm merge module, and I followed the directions in InstallShield's support article. So, I did as you did, I opened up the merge module in Orca, went to the Component table, removed the condition, and saved the changes. Now it works!