PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield DLL Custom action

bubugue
01-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I create a dll custom action after install welcome dialog. This action load a new function signature.

With W98 and W2000 when I try to install my product the message below appears :
« File 'c:\...\temp\mydll.dll' can not be found. Make sure the file is on target system or installed already. ».

This file exists on the target systrem but the location is ‘c:\...\temp\{PODUCT_CODE}\mydll.dll’.

How to resolve this problem ?

TsungH
01-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I came across a duplicate post in InstallShield X - Windows Installer Projects forum. What's the product you use? Since the responses you receive in this forum may not be applicable to InstallShield X Premier/Professional Edition.

bubugue
01-06-2005, 03:25 AM
The product I use is InstallShield X Express - version 10.0 - sevice pack 2

TsungH
01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Perhaps, you want to provide additional information on your custom action settings.

bubugue
01-07-2005, 07:50 AM
I don’t understand what you mean ?

the settings are :
After install welcome dialog

Source Location Browse File System (there is no choice)
File Name D:\PROJETS\Visual Studio Projects\InstallDescriptif\InitSetup\Release\GInitSetup.dll
Function Name InitSetupDescriptif
Function Signature New
Wait for Action Yes
Run Once No
Ignore Exit Code No
Comments initialise DATABASEDIR en fonction de GITWIN9.INI et PASSC.GTW si installation antérieure avec InstallShield2
Condition No Conditions

I cannot specify more settings… here.
Can I specify the path to my dll in another dialog ?

TsungH
01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
You did understand what I meant.

Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to reproduce the problem at this time. I would recommend opening a support request with mySupport (http://mysupport.installshield.com/).

ma2enator
03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
could you solve this problem? i got the same one :(

I am using installshield x - express 10