PDA

View Full Version : Error Messages after the installation for multiple users

peter_008
01-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Problem description:
(1) I want to build the installation package such that an administrator can install my application once, and all users who use the computer can run my application.

In the “Customer Information” dialogue, I select “Show all User option” to “No”, and thus it is supposed to install to all users by default. I created a shortcut on desktop.

(2) When I run the installation using “administrator” account on my computer, it did well what I expected: it created a shortcut icon on my desktop and I can run the application without any problem.

(3) But when I logout “administrator” and login as a normal user (e.g. “prsi1234”) to my computer. Immediately after I login, my computer displays the following two message boxes:

Message box #1:
Title: InstallShield X Express Edition
Message: Please wait while Windows configures InstallShield X Express Edition.

Message box #2:
Title: InstallShield X Express Edition
Message: Please make sure that you have administrative privilege on the system before installing.

The above two message boxes repeat several times.
After I click “OK” button several times, I can see the shortcut icon displaying on the desktop and I can run my application by clicking the shortcut.

Because the normal user can run the application properly by clicking the shortcut, we don’t want to give the normal user the administrative privilege. What should I do to eliminate the above message box when a normal user login to the computer?

d.falconi
02-10-2005, 06:00 AM
:confused: hallo peter,
i have the same problem; you can help me; you say now how to solve this problem ?
thank you

TsungH
02-10-2005, 06:26 AM
The 2 messages are from InstallShield X Express Edition, not from your installation created with InstallShield X Express Edition. If you test your installation on a machine that does not have InstallShield X Express Edition installed, you should not see these messages.