PDA

View Full Version : Objects shift when viewing demo in 800x600

HFSAlex
12-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Using DS 7.5
Built demo in 1024 mode, but when user views in 800x600 mode, objects shift on the screen. I found an article in the KB that covers this, but apparently not for 7.5, as the interface has changed (the article applies to 5.x).
Any more info on this?

JoannaG
12-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Hello,

For a good explanation of how scaling works for a Full Screen Demo, see Knowledge Base article Q102216 PRB: Bitmaps Appear in the Wrong Position or Look Distorted When the Demo Is Set to Full-Screen Mode. The InstallShield Knowledge Base is located at http://support.installshield.com.

This article applies to version 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, and 8.x

One way to prevent any scaling or positioning problems in your demo, you might consider creating a fixed size, Windowed Mode demo. When a demo is run in this mode, the demo will be the same dimensions under all Windows resolutions. The demo will appear as a fixed-sized window, centered on-screen. If the 'Full-Screen Background' option is selected, the remaining area around the demo window will be filled with a designer-defined color or BMP background.

I hope this is helpful.

HFSAlex
12-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks JG. The elements that shift on the screen are actually the hotspots and the quick buttons. I've never had this problem before, and I've been using demoshield for about 5 years now. I started over with particular demo thinking I could build it and view it in 8x6 mode but they still shifted up. Could it be a bug?