PDA

View Full Version : Installshield Setup Restarts System Before Installation

faheemtahir
12-27-2004, 09:03 AM
When i runs setups for the first time ever on any fresh system (new windows has installed just), it asks me for restart the system, after restarting it continues the setup. I want to get rid of this behaviour. Please provide me any guidence for that problem

RBheem
12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Add vbscript custom action after installation.
Here is the vbscript code:

Sub SetRebootProperty
Session.Property("REBOOT")="Suppress"
Session.Property("REBOOTPROMPT")="Suppress"
End Sub

faheemtahir
01-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Thanks for your reply, but i don't know how to add or import this vb script in the installscript. Please guide me how to do this

TsungH
01-06-2005, 01:23 PM
What edition of InstallShield X do you use? Express Edition does not support InstallScript code. You will want to repost your question in the appropriate forum (depending on the edition and project type used). You will also want to identify the cause of reboot at the beginning of your installation.

faheemtahir
02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
the cause of reboot has been described in first message, i just want to know how to place following code in the script, while it is giving compile time error :confused:
Sub SetRebootProperty
Session.Property("REBOOT")="Suppress"
Session.Property("REBOOTPROMPT")="Suppress"
End Sub

TsungH
02-10-2005, 03:23 AM
VBScript code does not get compiled. How did you get a compilation error? What script are you referring to? InstallScript?
i just want to know how to place following code in the script, while it is giving compile time errorFrom your question, reboot is probably a result of MSI engine being updated. You will want to confirm it. If that's the case, setting REBOOT and REBOOTPROMPT properties in your setup will not do any good. This is the reason to identify the cause of reboot.

For MSI 2.0 engine, it supports suppress of reboot by engine update. I can't confirm the availability in MSI 1.2 engine, you can look up MSDN to be sure. MSI 1.0 and 1.1 will require a reboot immediately after engine is updated. Depending on the product and project type used, you may be able to control that from within the IDE. For a resolution specific to your product and project type, please refer to the product help or Macrovision HelpNet (http://documentation.installshield.com/) on how to suppress reboot from updating MSI engine.

Please note that some solutions are product- or project type-specific. Knowing the product and project type used will allow others to provide tailored pointers or solutions to your question. In addition, posting your question in the correct forum will increase the likelihood of getting your question answered.

faheemtahir
02-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks for detailed reply.... I'm working on
Faheem