PDA

View Full Version : Custom Action- Registering/Unregistering DLLs

naveensoni
12-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi All,
i am using Installshield Dev Studio 5.5, i have created two custom actions.
one is for registering dlls and second one is for unregistering the dlls.
one first CA, i am using Commit Execution and on second CA i am using Immediate Execution with execute only one settings.

what's happening is that the First CA is executing twice, both when the software is installed as well as when software is uninstalled. i have put both CAs under execute sequence and calling them afterreboot dialog box.
Afterrebootdialog box
Unregister (unregistering using vb script, regsvr32 command)
Register (registering using same regsvr32 command)

i want that Unregister should run in the both the cases, means at the time of installation as well as at the time of uninstallation, whearse Register CA should run only at once when software is installed. one more thing when software is unregistered it is not removing the files.

please help.

Note: when installshield runs through it's sequences it registers the dll with a new encrypted key(inprocserver32), which is causing problem in running my software properly, thats why i am first calling unregister, to remove the default installation of installshield and then reregister the dlls through Register CA.
Thanks
Naveen

TsungH
12-23-2004, 02:58 PM
There is no Installshield Dev Studio 5.5. Do you mean InstallShield AdminStudio 5.5? DevStudio 9? Or Express 5? This forum is for InstallShield X Express Edition. You will want to post your question in the appropriate forum, since the response you get may be specific to a product and not applicable to other products. When you do, please rephrase and elaborate on your question.

That InprocServer32 value is used by Windows Installer COM advertisement functionality (see InstallShield KB article Q106793 at http://support.installshield.com).

naveensoni
12-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Sorry for incorrect product naming, yes i am using InstallShield Admin Studio 5.5.

well i have resolved my problem, now i am using "Execute Conditions" in my Custom Actions to identify between Installation and Uninstallation sequences.

To run the "Register CA", the condition is NOT REMOVE="ALL" and for "Unregister CA" , the condition is REMOVE="ALL".

Thanks for the reply...

Cheers

Naveen