PDA

View Full Version : 7.53 and Transparent Buttons

lorriman
12-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Help please anyone. :confused:

I am running v7.53 and want to update an existing demoshield presentation by changing my bitmap buttons which are currently 3D solid colour buttons into 3D transparent ones.
I can edit all 30 or so buttons okay and they look great, but when I save the DBD file and then open it up in the player or the Demoshield Designer program itself it just gives me an error as follows...

Demoshield player encountered a problem and needs to close...
App name setup.exe App ver: 7.53.100.1012 Mod name: setup.exe
Mod ver: 7.53.100.1012 Offset: 00003206

Has anyone out there experienced this problem please? If so, did you overcome it? I don't just want to update to v8 as I've only had 7.53 for 3 months and there's no guarantee that this apparent bug has been fixed.

I've found a shed load of bugs and anomalies in 7.53 and have had to work around several of them, but this one is a show stopper for me.

Thanks.

lorriman
12-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Sorted this one out on my own. Just as well really as Installshield Support wanted $100 for the privilege.

The problem persists and IS A BUG in Demoshield, but I got around it by editing no more than four buttons at a time and then saving the file, coming out of Demoshield and going back in, editing another four and saving as a new filename.

JoannaG
12-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I have been unable to reproduce your issue. I created 12 3D style Bitmap Buttons in a scene all with solid fill style. I opened the properties for each button and changed them to a transparent fill style. I saved the demo and played it by using Control | Run in Player | Play Current Demo. I then closed DemoShield and played the demo using demo32.exe. Finally I was able to reopen the demo in the designer for additional editing. I am using DemoShield 7.53. Am I missing any steps to reproduce this issue? Can you post your demo or a sample demo where you are experiencing this behavior that I can edit following your steps?

Regards.

lorriman
01-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Joanna
Thanks for trying, but all I can say is that I have over 30 such buttons on the one page and while I saved the demo after every half a dozen or so, it seemed as if it was because I hadn't come out of Demoshield between edits. As I said, I got around it by saving after each half a dozen edits, then came out of Demoshield completely, went back in and did some more edits. I was left with lots of backup copies as I did a 'save as' every time in case the problem happened again.
All I can think is that it's a variable counter problem or some such problem, whereby you can change, say 30 buttons in a single session, but not 31. I don't know and now I know there is a problem I will do my best to avoid it.

Thanks