PDA

View Full Version : How to Remember a Property?

bobinyec
12-21-2004, 01:30 PM
I have a project with 2 features, Client and Server. Early in the dialogs, a new dialog comes up which makes the user choose the type of code being installed: either Client or Server. The Client feature has a sub-feature, which is optional. The Server feature has no optional sub-features. Therefore, I have modified the dialogs so that if Client is chosen, we go through the CustomSetup dialog. We don't if Server is chosen. All works well for the initial installation.

Now, if the setup is executed again, we come up in Maintenance mode, and go to the MaintenanceWelcome dialog. The next dialog is the MaintenanceType. At this point, this dialog should only be displayed if we are doing the Client. The problem with it is that it shows MODIFY which can't happen to the Server. So what I did is create a MaintenanceType2 dialog, which is the same as the original, except that the MODIFY selection is removed, and other appropriate text changed. My dilemma is that on the MaintenanceWelcome dialog, I need to test some property in order to set the proper conditions so that the Next button causes the proper "MaintenanceType" dialog to be next.

So how can I set some property during the installation (first) invocation of the setup which can be tested in the second?

Thanks,

John Bobinyec

RobertDickau
12-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Please see this InstallShield newsletter tip: http://www.installshield.com/news/newsletter/0305-articles/MsiPropUninst.asp.