PDA

View Full Version : LoginInformation - Does it work with Basic MSI

nathandragon
12-20-2004, 01:03 PM
C'mon folks - surely someone has tried this other than me!

I am attempting to add the InstallShield prepackaged LogonInformation, LogonCreateUser, etc. series of dialogs to my Basic MSI install in order to create or choose a user account.

Does anyone know if these dialogs work AT ALL??? My install presents the user interface just fine, but I cannot see any servers, users, create an account or anything. I have explicitly included the NetAPIrt.obl file in my build and yet nothing works. Seems like broken functionality to me at this point.

I have also tried creating a dummy project and just including the dialogs - also with no effect.

Thanks for listening. :cool:

-Nathan

Tony Patterson
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi Nathan,

I am using these dialogs in a basic msi project with no problems so far. When you run the install package do you see the LogonInformation dialog?

Cheers
Tony

nathandragon
01-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi Nathan,

I am using these dialogs in a basic msi project with no problems so far. When you run the install package do you see the LogonInformation dialog?

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony-

My install presents the dialogs, but I don't get a list of servers back from the network. I'm running a Windows 2003 domain server so you'd think that I'd at least see something. I have made sure to include the InstallShield Network runtime as well but still no luck.

Thanks!

-Nathan

Tony Patterson
01-10-2005, 10:06 PM
What does happen when you click Browse on that dialog? You get nothing? In the dialog editor for the LogoinInformation's behaviour, what do you have for PushButtonUserBrowse? I have NewDialog -> LogonInfoNameAndServer. I have to click on that to get to the next dialog which lets you browse lists of domains and users. Or you can manually enter the information in the text boxes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Tony

mikebsr
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't know if it's the same problem or not, but I had to create a dummy SQL script and attached it to a feature before I could my list box to populate (in the SQL Scripts section under Server Configuration).

Then, I had to uncheck the CreateDatabase and make sure the the radio button called "On error, goto next statement" was checked on the runtime tab to keep it from nuking my installation process (since the script doesn't actually exist).

It wasn't this way on 10, but looks like it exists on 10.5 (unless the service pack fixed it).

nathandragon
01-13-2005, 04:28 PM
What does happen when you click Browse on that dialog? You get nothing? In the dialog editor for the LogoinInformation's behaviour, what do you have for PushButtonUserBrowse? I have NewDialog -> LogonInfoNameAndServer. I have to click on that to get to the next dialog which lets you browse lists of domains and users. Or you can manually enter the information in the text boxes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Tony

Hi-

I get the dialogs for the browsing the network, but nothing ever seems to come back *from* the network. No list of servers, no users. It's as though the network browsing functionality behind the dialogs was broken.

-Nathan

nathandragon
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
One other thing-

The function calls ISNetGetServer. That is the action listed in the dialog behavior and I don't believe it is returning anything or the function call is failing.

This happens even when I create a blank, totally plain Install project just to test the LogonInformation dialogs.

Totally annoying.

This has been here for WEEKS and no comment from InstallShield. Thanks guys - NOT.

-N

Tony Patterson
01-16-2005, 02:57 PM
How long are you waiting after you click browse? We have quite a large network here and it takes a really long time to come back. Unfortunately there is no indication that it is actually doing anything.

nathandragon
01-19-2005, 06:54 PM
How long are you waiting after you click browse? We have quite a large network here and it takes a really long time to come back. Unfortunately there is no indication that it is actually doing anything.

We have a small network. After at least 30 seconds or so it comes back empty.

-Nathan