PDA

View Full Version : Error 1155: error installing microsoft.net framework. file dotnetfx.exe not found.

paul888
12-19-2004, 05:06 PM
On end user's machine, our basic MSI installer is having difficulties in getting .Net framework 1.0 installed. The error message is:
-------------------------
Error 1155: Error installing .NET Framework. dotnetfx.exe not found.
"missing dotnetfx.exe"
--------------------------

Within project, we set the .Net requirement to .Net1.0 and let installshield download .Net from web default location. We tried the knowledge base article to clean up the temp folder, it didn't work at all:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107983

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Paul

turbodb
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi, is there any resolution to this? we are doing the same thing, and on ALL machines where the .NET Framework needs to be installed, we are getting this error.

In fact, we can reproduce this consistently on a clean Windows XP machine every time.

Looks like the files (the dotnetfx.exe, as well as SP3) are downloaded into a subdirectory within %temp%, but the installer then can not find them (probably looks in the wrong subfolder or something) and aborts.

Seems like this only happened since InstallShield updated the .NET installer to use SP3 - it used to work with SP2...

Thanks,
Dan

Christopher Painter
01-30-2005, 08:24 AM
I get this error every once inawhile on the same test machine when i'm doing rapid integration testing. I'm thinking that when I get into the office this week I'm going to create my own custom setup prereq and take over the resonsibility of .net installation and patching per my own requirements.

Mindaugas
02-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi,

I was able to solve this by changing ".NET Framework location" from "Extract from setup.exe" to "Copy from source media".

Regards,
Mindaugas

Christopher Painter
02-13-2005, 09:52 AM
I looked at this with SysInternals FileMon once and setup.exe was doing something dumb, I just can't remember what. It had something to do with how it was resolving the temp directory path. Either way I've since made my own solution that doesn't use setup.exe.

piyushind
04-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi,

Anybody got resolution for this error without changing ".NET Framework Location" property to "Copy from Source Media"?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Piyush.

justin_yj
02-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I guess you need to download and upgrade your IS. If you still can not find it, You can download upgrades, something like "Standalone ...." and install it, you will find the file in the Standalone folder.

Cheers,

On end user's machine, our basic MSI installer is having difficulties in getting .Net framework 1.0 installed. The error message is:
-------------------------
Error 1155: Error installing .NET Framework. dotnetfx.exe not found.
"missing dotnetfx.exe"
--------------------------

Within project, we set the .Net requirement to .Net1.0 and let installshield download .Net from web default location. We tried the knowledge base article to clean up the temp folder, it didn't work at all:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107983

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Paul