PDA

View Full Version : remember old msi version when installing from diskonkey

yonitr
12-19-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi,
I made an msi installation with Setup.exe.
When I double click the exe file from wherever on my computer, the installation works great, but when I try to install from a diskonkey, I get alert 'error 1316': A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: {PATH}/setup_version_31.msi
I am in version 45 now. Now my installation msi file name is setup.msi. It was setup_version_31.msi a long time ago.
Why is it remembering an old msi version and only when installing from a flash driver?

10x

myg_qc
04-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi I got the same error, it seem to be caused by the fact that you change the title of your install product name in your new setup, and you leave the old setup installed on your computer. So when you try to install the new setup, it detect the presence of the old (by the GUID I suppose) and try to update it, but since the name have change you got this problem. To solve it, uninstall the old setup before the new setup.

I don't find a better way to solve this problem, the best should be that it work automatically, but I don't know how, any ideas?