PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Demo Text - No Multi-Style Text objects?

EthanBedwyr
12-17-2004, 10:27 AM
In DemoShield 7.53, when I select File | Demo Text | Export and save the file as a TXT, I've noticed that the vast majority of my text is NOT being exported. After a little research, I've figured out what all the text objects that aren't being exported have in common: They all use Multi-Style Text on the Object Styles tab.

The DemoShield Manual/User Guide has this to say:

Exporting Demo Text into TXT Files
...DemoShield now provides the capability to export Demo text into a .TXT file. Once you export Demo text into a .TXT file, you can edit and translate text in an ASCII text editor such as Notepad.

Editing the TXT File
Once you export the Demo text, open the .TXT in an ASCII text Editor.

DemoShield Objects in TXT File
All DemoShield Objects displaying native Demo text are editable in the .TXT file. The following is an overview of the editable properties of these Objects.

Text, Quick Link, and Quick Report Objects
Text Objects display headlines, body text, or any other words that appear on the Scene. Quick Report and Quick Link Objects also share this panel as each is a form of a Text Object. The Text Object Data field reflects the data entered into the Object Styles tab of the Object’s Properties dialog. If the Object has a border that includes a caption, the “Caption” field provides access to that text. Text Objects can contain up to 64K of data.

So my question is, is this a broken feature in DemoShield 7.53? Why aren't text objects that use Multi-Style Text being exported? The ability to specify font and rich text attributes are irrelevant; the text itself should still be exported as ASCII text.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, is there a workaround for this?

Chandy Navarata
12-18-2004, 09:05 PM
As the multi-style text object stores both text and formatting information in rich text format, DemoShield does not export them as the current format of the localization file allows you to specify only one font for all text objects irrespective of their style i.e., multi-style. Your only option is to switch to user-defined text to export the text to the localization file.

Sorry about this inconvenience.

Regards,

EthanBedwyr
12-20-2004, 11:47 AM
As far as I can tell, there's no way for me to globally switch all my text objects in a demo to use "User Defined Text" format, is there?