PDA

View Full Version : Merge Modules and the Stand Alone Build System

MHolmes
12-17-2004, 10:21 AM
I am having trouble with my merge modules and the stand alone build system. I have created a merge module that needs to be merged with several other projects when built on our build box. Locally, building from inside the IS10.5 Setup Designer, this all works well.

When I attempt to move the projects to the build box and build them, I get the following error:

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'SchedulerBaseComponents.EB557ED5_0527_48E2_96D8_F9FD74A1C04E:0' for Feature 'Scheduler'.

I have moved the appropriate MSM to a common folder on the HDD and have passed the '-o' option (Merge Module search path) to the ISSABld executable when I invoke it. It seems that it simply refuses to find my merge module and merge it. In the Setup Designer, it lists the Merge Modules path as C:\My InstallShield 10.5 Projects\Merge Modules\. This path does not exists on our build box, as we do not (and will not) have the IS 10.5 designer installed there.

This should be working, so what am I missing?

MHolmes
12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Another problem is when the merge module actually attempts to build (and copy itself to the directory, which EXISTS), I get the following:

ISDEV : error -5047: Cannot create directory c:\InstallShield10.5\MergeModules"
ISDEV : error -1007: Cannot copy source 'C:\Source\build.source.common\PMCommon\PMSchedule.Engine\SchedulerBundle\Product Configuration 1\Release 1\DiskImages\DISK1\SchedulerBaseComponents.msm' to target 'c:\InstallShield10.5\MergeModules"\SchedulerBaseComponents.msm'
ISDEV : error -6121: An error occurred updating the merge modules folder with the build merge module.

Why is it trying to create a directory that already exists? And how can it not copy the file in to that directory. It exists, there are no strange permissions, there is no write protection or anything else on the directory. None of the errors its giving me make any sense at all.

MHolmes
12-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Hmmm, it seems that ISSAbld does not appreciate quotes around it's merge module path. Oh well, it seems to be working now. Word to the wise, watch those quotes!