PDA

View Full Version : Dictionary problem

robshaw
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
I have the Spell Selection Option set to "Bristish English" and I can see the files 'EnglUK1.clx' and 'EnglUK1.clx' exist at 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DemoShield\7.5\Program\Lex' but when I run the spell checker, an eror dialogue box shows:

"Error opening dictionary .\EnglUK.tlx"

What is the method to re-attach the dictionary?

[Version 7.53 - Sevice Pack 3]

Chandy Navarata
12-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Its possible that the paths to the dictionary files in the registry are corrupt. I would suggest running the attached REG file to see if that fixes the registry keys.

Regards,

robshaw
12-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately that didn't work for me :( (I had to edit the file to make the double backslashes into a single backslash, so it would import)

I have tried the trial version of Demosheild 8, and when I removed it after the 30 days, that when I noticed this problem in my 7.53 version.

In fact can't get any of the dictionaries to work, regardless of which language I select.

robshaw
12-14-2004, 03:38 AM
Sucess :)

Following on from the file from Chandy, I noticed that my installtion path is actually "C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DemoShield\7.5\Program\Lex"

Making the swap to the Reg file did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Chandy Navarata
12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Robshaw,
As the dictionaries are shared across different versions of DemoShield, the path to the dictionaries became invalid once you uninstalled DemoShield 8. That would explain the cause for your problems.

Glad it works now.

Regards,