PDA

View Full Version : Random Error 1720 in win 98

Tech@capsoft
12-10-2004, 07:22 AM
I have built an install that contains some VB script files as custom actions. This install worked fine in 2000 and XP but i get the 1720 error in 98. I am installing scripting 5.6 with the install and still no success. The VB files run fine on their own, but not with the install.

I have read the relevant KB articles and nothing seems to help.

I have also checked that the files have been copied over to the right directory and the installer knows that they are install with the product to that directory.

as i say the scripting works fine on its own but not within the Install.

Oh it may be worth mentioning that i am firing the Scripts off after the final dialogue (I need to have it there as i am installing a third party setup.exe)

Any Ideas

Jordan

TsungH
12-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Without knowing the code, I will suggest inserting MsgBox methods to pinpoint the exact failing line.

manju_s_2k
03-14-2005, 10:51 PM
During Installation i call a vbscript in my custom action but i receive the error 1720.I use Installshield 10.5 permier edition and I have selected basic MSi project.My Vb script code is to just connect to a MS access 2000 database and insert values into the table.Please help me

Function ConnecttoDB()
Dim objConnection, objCommand
Dim szConnString, szSQL
Dim MdbFilePath

MsgBox "Running VB Script"

set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
MdbFilePath = Server.MapPath("C:\testDB.mdb")
szConnString = "Provider=MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=" & mdbFilePath & ";"
objConnection.Open(szConnString)

szSQL = "insert into test values('ABC','YYY')"

objConnection.Execute(szSQL)

MsgBox "Success"

End function

TsungH
03-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Please repost your question here (http://community.installshield.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151).

In any case, I would suggest inserting more MsgBox method to pinpoint the exact line of error.

anitabs
03-24-2005, 01:37 AM
This is a general error message that indicates that a script-based custom action has failed. This can occur with VBScript, JScript, or Install Script custom actions..

For more information on this error 1720 check this link

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107293

sreedhars
08-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Hi All,

I am facing this error 1720 problem with the IS 12 professional version. the funny part here is it is working fine on the development system and in another system. But it fails on test system.

Please help me if you guys have any solution for ( error 1720; problem with running scripts )

-Sree