PDA

View Full Version : PackagefortheWeb 2.1 Help

choekstr
12-08-2004, 11:54 AM
I have an interesting dilemna and was hoping the experts here could help. I have a Packagefortheweb 2.1 package (.exe) from another vendor that I am trying to automate. Inside the package is a .msp file, so normal msiexec rules apply for it, but I can't seem to affect the packagefortheweb package.

What I want to do is either:
1.) pass options to the msp inside but everything I try using the "pass options to the package inside" guides do not seem to work. My command-line for the msp looks like this: msiexec /qb- /p package.msp REINSTALLMODE=vomus REBOOT=ReallySupress

So how to get these options passed onto the inside msp/msiexec? Everything I try just brings up an error in the form of the msiexec usage (using installer 3.0)

2.) Silently extract the .msp inside the packagefortheweb 2.1 package (.exe) and NOT automatically launch the .msp as it does now. I tried /c and that has no effect. /s doesn't effect it since it is already silent, and none of the other command-line options I have tried work. Any help here for the older 2.1 version?

I have put so many hours into this project and am so frustrated at this vendor for putting out a patch like this. Hopefully someone can help out with my last bit of problem in this whole automation process.

Thanks in advance,
Chris