PDA

View Full Version : ERROR #1923 while installing Windows Service

taptich
12-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I need to install a windows service (SERVICE_WIN32_OWN_PROCESS), which runs under a user account. However if I provide correct values for ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’, InstallShield shows an error message with code #1923 and doesn’t continue. NOTE: I am able to install the same service from outside of InstallShield for the specific user.

Has anyone done this successfully with InstallShield 10.5?

Thank you.

cbecker
02-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem.

ASTERIX
03-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi,

in my project, I install a service setting user and password at run time.

I've no kind of problem to install it.

Tips:
User needs to be in format: domain\user

The user who install the product, needs administrator privileges

Try with this features.

anitabs
03-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Select the Setup Design view.

Locate the component containing the service displayed in the error message. If you are not sure which component the service is associated with follow these steps:

Select the Direct Editor view.

Click the ServiceInstall table.

Type CTRL+F and search for the name of the service displayed in the error message.

Once the entry is found, take note of the Component column's value. This is the name of the component that contains the service.

Open the component's Advanced Settings | Install NT Services section.

Click the name of the service displayed in the error message found on the right side.

Analyze the fields and verify that each is appropriate for your service. You must be familiar with the service in order to appropriately determine which field settings work successfully with your service. Contact your service vendor for the service details.

Change the settings accordingly.

cbecker
03-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I finally figure out my problem (I always figure out the problem after I post a message to a board). I had the ServiceType column in the ServiceInstall table set to 272 (0x110) which include the Interact With Desktop flag. This flag cannot be set if you are specifying a username from what I can tell. So once I set the ServiceType column to 16 (0x10), the service installed just fine

akhaja
04-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I encountered the same problem while installing the windows service using IS10.5, i work around with the problem with the suggesions that you guys posted in here, but here with 10.5 its different.

when i installed it gives me the error "1923: doesn't have admin previlages blah blah", then i go to files->"someservice.exe"->properties->permission->"added the domain and user"->full control. after this the it installed fine.

It might help some one who encounter such problem
Thanks
Ahmed