PDA

View Full Version : Destination computer's Registry View has only My Computer

willphelps
11-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm using the VFP v8.0 version of InstallShield. I wish to have the installation program automatically add to the destination computer's registry. But when I go to "Configure the Target System" / "Registry", the "Destination computer's Registry View" pane shows only "My Computer". Right clicking it has no effect, nor does attempting to drag and drop to "My Computer". How do I create registry entries on the destination computer?

ivsler
01-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi,

I am using Installshield Express 3.5 with SP4.
The drag-drop function of registry items/values does not work.
Anyone please help.

Thank you.

ivsler

Ron de Weijze
06-21-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm using the VFP v8.0 version of InstallShield. I wish to have the installation program automatically add to the destination computer's registry. But when I go to "Configure the Target System" / "Registry", the "Destination computer's Registry View" pane shows only "My Computer". Right clicking it has no effect, nor does attempting to drag and drop to "My Computer". How do I create registry entries on the destination computer?

I use InstallShield Express Borland 3.5 service pack 4 and I have that exact same problem. Why is there no technical answer if this is not a huge bug in InstallShield? :mad: :mad:

ziracote
11-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I use Installshield 3.5 service pack 4 and I have this same problem. I can't add anything to the registry. Has there been any answer from Installshield on this?

Klark Bern
11-17-2005, 05:32 AM
Have the same problem. Is that a bug of InstallShield? What is the sollution?

Klark Bern
11-18-2005, 03:27 AM
We'd found the solution of this problem. Use InstallWizzard for your install project.