PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Please help...

dgielis
11-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to make an installshield project, but after 2 days searching, I still don't know how to do these 2 things:

1. In the Dialog "CustomSetup" I have a tree where you can select 2 Features (Files and DB). How can I check in a condition what is "taken"?
On my Next button I would like to add a condition; When Feature = DB then go to Dialog 2 else go to Dialog 1.
I tried:
In my Dialog I click Behavior - Control name: Next - Event: NewDialog ; Argument: Dialog 1 ; Condition: DB = 1
What is the right syntax in the condition to check if a feature is selected?

2. I included some SQL Server scripts to create a new database.
With Text Replacement I try to change the path (%DB_PATH%) in the script, but it doesn't work. I searched already in the forum, but I can't get it to work.
I created a property: SQLServerPath with a default path
In the script I 've in Text Replacement: %DB_PATH% - [SQLServerPath]
What is the right syntax in the Text Replacement to replace a string in the script with the value of a property?

I hoop somebody can tell me step by step how I can do this!

Thanks in advance,
Dimitri

RobertDickau
11-22-2004, 04:25 PM
For (1), please see the MSI Help Library page "Conditional Statement Syntax": MSI supports feature-action conditions, where the condition

&FeatureName=3

succeeds if the feature called FeatureName is selected to be installed, and it wasn't before.

For (2), the format [PROPNAME] should be correct. If you're setting the value in the User Interface sequence, perhaps use a public property (with an all-uppercase name, such as SQLLOCATION) to ensure its value is preserved when execution switches to the Execute sequence...