PDA

View Full Version : Start Menu Folders

Adam G
11-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi -- I have a compact installation project I'm working on and was wondering whether it's possible not to have the start menu entries default to a company name folder. If so, how do I configure it. Thanks for any help.

Adam

nagalakshmis
11-24-2004, 05:50 AM
Hello,

There is no possibility of changing the INSTALLDIR which is by default set to ProgramFiles -Company Name -Product Name in Start Menu for InstallShield X EXpress.

But, you can perform this task in InstallShield 10.5. I have found this kb article which will guide you through.

http://helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2Finstallshieldlivinghelp%2FISLivingHelpMain2.htm%3FRINoLog28301%3DT&mgr=agm&wnd=InstallShieldLivingHelp%7CMain&agt=wsm&ctxid=

Thank you

sivaprakash
11-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi! Adam,

I don’t find any options for changing the path for shortcut in the IDE of Install Shield Express for a compact installation.

What u can actually do is open your project file using an Editor like Orca.exe that comes bundled with Platform SDK.

1. In the “Shortcut” table find the “Directory_” associated to your shortcut.
2. Go to the “Directory” table and in the “Directory” column find the directory name that was associated with your shortcut
3. Change the “Directory_Parent” of the shortcut directory to “ProgramMenuFolder”
4. In the “DefaultDir” column type the name of the directory that you would like your shortcut to be put into. Eg: XYZ
5. Save and close the file.

Now open your project and built it and execute it. And u would see a shortcut appearing like this….

StartMenu > Programs > XYZ > Shortcutfile.

Regards,

Siva