PDA

View Full Version : SdLogonUserInformation Problem

plewis
11-18-2004, 02:51 PM
:( Does anyone know if there's any issues with the SdLogonUserInformation function on Windows 2000? It states that the password is invalid when I run it on Win2000, but it works fine on XP.

Peter[COLOR=RoyalBlue]

svasilyev
02-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Having the same problems with the MSI counterpart of SdLogonUserInformation. ISNetValidateLogonName custom action works in WinXP but always reports failure on Win2K. Both workstations are in the same NT4-domain.

michaelk
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue, did you ever resolve this?

Many Thanks,

Mike.

svasilyev
02-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Nope, sorry. With 2 weeks to our release I had to drop this unsafe piece of the install package. When the rat race is over I'll report this to InstallShield support (I wonder if they already know). And leaking custom actions too... And other things I experienced...

Otmar Margarita
03-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem problem now.
I am using InstallShield 10.5 Professional Edition for making of our installer. Right now I am experience some problem with installshield 10.5. Our product must work on several operating systems (Windows 2000 Professional and Server, Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server) I am using the installShield function " SdLogonUserInformation" to get a list of user on the system. On Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server it works without any problem, but on Windows 2000 Server I always get an error message that the password is incorrect.

If I create a new user with the function Create new user it works but the user has been never created on the system.
Is there anyone that knows a possible workaround or do I need to set something on the systems.

Another question.
I want to make mine own function, but I want to use the others dialog function like SdLogonUserListServers and SdLogonUserBrowse. But now I have problem that mine project compile with error. Error -4370.
Can some one help me with these problems

Do you have any solutions or workaround for this problem on Windows 2000 Server

ASTERIX
03-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi to all,

I've made my own functions and dialog.

My functions query active directory via LDAP.

It works fine with W2k of course. With XP I don't know but I think there's no problem too.

If anyone needs, I can send to him a little project.

Otmar Margarita
03-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Asterix,

First I want to thank you for your response. Asterix can you help me with this problem. I am interested in your way of solving this problem. How can I see your code, how did you implemented it. I am new in here, so I am not familiar where to look for for the solutions.

Best regards
Otmar

ASTERIX
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi,

just made a little project with a simple dialog and some functions.

OnBegin read domain by registry (you can retrieve domain using property or using GetComputerNameEx or asking to user).

After this, call AskPassord funtion that queries ldap for a list of users and, after inserting password, check user and password using a cryptographic metod.

Hi guys, good luck.

ASTERIX
03-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Hi,

can somebody tell me if it works on windows xp?

Thanks.

Otmar Margarita
03-18-2005, 04:43 AM
No, because XP doesn't have a domain. XP is a client. So you are looking in the wrong registry

Best regards
Otmar

ASTERIX
03-18-2005, 04:53 AM
Ok,

so, if you change implementation and ask user for the right domain (instead of reading it from regisrty), does it work?

Thanks.

P.s.: domain must be in the format: a.b.c. and so on

Otmar Margarita
03-18-2005, 05:14 AM
I will test it today or monday. I need to make an test installer today. Ilet you know.

Thanks again Asterix.

Best regards
Otmar

nathandragon
03-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I just discovered that I'm having this same issue. I can't believe:

1) that InstallShield doesn't know this is a bug and if so why they don't acknowledge it.

2) that this bug has been around since November with no resolution.

Why bother to release a piece of functionality if it doesn't work? I'm frustrated by all the "features" that come with InstallShield 10.5 that clearly don't work or aren't fully implemented. The XML File changes functionality is another glaring example.

C'mon InstallShield, get it together.

-N

michaelk
06-21-2005, 06:53 AM
This may be of help to you:

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=142448

Mike.

yk2002
07-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks Mike! Your solution looks fine with InstallScript project. However, if we use basic MSI project, we are out of luck so far. Wonder when the hot fix will come out? or will it come out at all?

This may be of help to you:

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=142448

Mike.