PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall custom action not fired

klaurent
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
hi
I made a custom action (classic Dll) for uninstall and wherever i put it (e.g : after setup success success dialog) , my custom action is never fired.
More there's no dialog shown during uninstall except progress bar end messages (configuring ...)

Has anybody a solution to resolve this problem ?

Thanks

Mike Marino
11-18-2004, 07:29 PM
When the User clicks "Modify" in Add/Remove programs, then chooses "Remove" your custom action will fire at the end. The problem is that when you click "Remove" in Add/Remove programs the setup success dialog is not shown. Try putting your Custom Action "After System Changes".

klaurent
11-19-2004, 07:12 AM
ok thanks a lot I'll try it and give the result test.

Karim

klaurent
11-19-2004, 07:24 AM
ok it works , thanks a lot !

pekrpekr
12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
When the User clicks "Modify" in Add/Remove programs, then chooses "Remove" your custom action will fire at the end. The problem is that when you click "Remove" in Add/Remove programs the setup success dialog is not shown. Try putting your Custom Action "After System Changes".

Hello, But when I put my custom action "After System Changes" I get an empty INSTALLDIR parameter in my function (classic DLL). It causes problems. Petr

Mike Marino
12-01-2004, 01:31 PM
This has to do with an MSI (Windows Installer) concept called Deferred Execution Custom Actions. Basically what this means is that many installer properties are not available to DLL custom actions that are considered deferred. EXE custom actions, can get this information when placed in the exact same place. So if instead of writing a DLL custom action, you wrote a small EXE, by setting the command line parameter of the EXE custom action to [INSTALLDIR] you can get INSTALLDIR to where you need it to.

INSTALLDIR will be populated in Classic Style DLLs in all but the following (deferred) locations:

"After File Transfer"
"After COM Registration"
"After Register Product"
"Before File Transfer"
"After System Changes"

HUPFL1
05-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Hey many thanks for the hint. with a exe it works at my installation!!!