PDA

View Full Version : Launch browser after installation on WinNT

hykchiu
11-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Hi,

I created a windows installer using Web Project type. I followed the suggestion from other thread, create a VBscript custom action:
Set objIExplorer = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")
objIExplorer.visible = True
objIExplorer.navigate "http://www.installshield.com"

In SetupCompleteSuccess dialog, I put a DoAction on OK button, it works ok.
When I try to uninstall the package on WinNT4.0, it will open the browser as well.
On Win2000, it is ok since it won't display the uninstall success dialog
but WinNT will display uninstall sucess dialog.

I'm totally new to installshield, how can I make it works the same for WinNT.

and also I need to install a third-party software as well. I have no idea how to do it. When I try to insert a custom action (launch an executable), it always give me error during the installation

Below is what I did for third-pary software
The third party software which I'm trying to install is ASP Upload Component It contains 6 files and it requires Windows Installer for Windows NT, so I copy InstMsiW.exe to its folder as well. So total 7 files.

In InstallShield 10.5, I place those 7 files to [ProgramFilesFolder]/OurCompanyName/[INSTALLDIR].
Then I create a Custom Action,
Type: set to Launch an executable,
Source: set the setup.exe(APS Upload component setup file).
Target: I leave it blank.
Return Processing: select Wait for the action to finish executing
In-Script Execution: Immediate execution
Executing Scheduling: Always execute
Install UI Sequence: After ExecuteAction
Install UI Condition: blank
Install Execute Sequence: After InstallFiles
Install Execute Condition: blank

When I try to run the setup file in Windows NT. It gives me error code "1721"

RobertDickau
11-22-2004, 09:46 AM
If you want to prevent an action from running any time other than the initial installation, you can use the condition Not Installed. For more information, perhaps see this InstallShield newsletter tip: http://www.installshield.com/news/newsletter/0212-articles/msiconditions.asp.

As for the other issue, files are not installed until after the InstallFiles action runs in deferred mode, and therefore if you want to run your action after InstallFiles, you might change the In-Script Execution setting to Deferred, and remove the action from the User Interface sequence.