PDA

View Full Version : Resource Manager Tutorial - V8

campbell79
11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Nice job on the new release! What are the basic steps that the Demoshield doc team used to create the Tutorial on the Resource Manager? Specifically, when you click on a tab in the dialog box a new text field is displayed and the red box is displayed on mouseover.
Thanks.

EthanBedwyr
11-08-2004, 01:48 PM
I imagine they created several small hot spots, one the size of and to cover each tab in each scene. The hotspots have "Moves Mouse On Object" actions to show the red outline and "Moves Mouse Off Object" actions to hide the red outline. They could also have "Left-Clicks Mouse Up" actions to hide all tab images (probably in a group) and then show the specific image corresponding to the tab clicked. And of course the "Left-Clicks Mouse Up" events would also hide all text objects (again, likely in a group) and show the particular text object associated with the tab.

However, it looks like they used an AppCam automation for the tutorial (which would be ironic since that functionality is no longer available in DemoShield 8), so they may have a separate scene for each individual tab instead of multiple static images in the same scene. There are probably a couple of ways to do it. I can be a little more specific if you like.

JoannaG
11-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Hello,

You can open the tutorial in the Designer to see how specific sections have been set up. The tutorial is located at C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DemoShield 8\Documentation\Tutorial.

I hope this is helpful. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.