PDA

View Full Version : Missing Action ??

Goose30
10-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Hello,

i have my new installshield x express on test.
Now i have created a litle installer for test.
But the question is wen i hav installed the litle test program on the Target System and after that i will again run the installer setup, then comes up an error

"Produkt is already installed" and i should use the Windows uninstaller ( software ) to uninstall the litle testprogram.

How can i here bring up a possibility to Reinstall the litle test program ?

Thanks for
help and sorry for the grammar :-)

Goose

Leones
10-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Hello goose,

you could create a "upgrade path" to make sure that the user can "reinstall" the application. To do so switch to point "1-Organize your setup" > "Upgrade Paths" and right click on "Upgrade Paths" and add a new "New upgrade path" then choose the MSI - file which you created before. Voilà, compile your setup and the next time you run your setup you can install the program again without uninstall.

Hope this helps,

Léon

Goose30
10-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Hello,

sorry Sir, it dosent work.
I dont now how i can build a setup with this further ??

PLs can you cereate a Setup ( a litle txt file ) with this further and send it to my E-Mail webmaster@angel-fly.de

This is Installshield x express here

Thanks a lot !
Goose

Leones
10-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Well, I guess it would be better, if you try to do it by yourself.
So you can do this as much as you have too.

Just follow this steps:

1. Open your installer-project and compile it.
2. Save your installer-project as "upgrade-version.ise"
3. Switch to point "1. - Organize Your Setup" and choose the menupoint "Upgrade Paths"
4. Right click on the CD-Rom symbol "Upgrade Paths"
5. Create a "New upgrade path"
6. Now opens a window. Choose your project-folder ( for example "My Project Name-2" ) and click on the "*.msi" -file.

That's it, compile the project again. Now you can reinstall the program as much as it's required. To do so, choose the
option "Repair" when setup starts.

Hope this was helpfull,
Léon

ptaber
10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
I make upgrades almost as above, but....

Before you make the upgrade path, goto General Information and change your product version (just manually edit the version number) and your product code (select the field, then push the "Generate GUID" button.)

Maybe that will help.