PDA

View Full Version : How to change project language?

marksu
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
How do I change project language without starting a new project?

Leones
10-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Hi marksu,

"You cannot change the setup language after you have created your project, except by exporting and importing the string table entries for translation."

marksu
10-22-2004, 06:00 AM
ok
Thank you for your reply.

Importing string table would that result the same as chnaging language by greating new project.

Where can I find Finnish string table to import?

Leones
10-22-2004, 11:28 AM
yes that would be the same. I suggest it's easier to create a new project, I don't know how big your project is, but I am used to create a new project to make sure that it really works. Otherwise have a look at http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/ispt_string.htm , this could help.

Léon

marksu
10-25-2004, 06:38 AM
Thaks for replies.

This info should be inaf for me.

Thanks

dasb00t
02-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I've got this kind of problem. I imported translated string table to my (Basic MSI)project, but it doesn't work correctly. Installing first time goes fine, but after the product is installed and I run setup.exe again it gets stuck. Its supposed to show modify,repair, remove etc (maintenance dialog), but instead it seems like it tries to start a new installation and it gets stuck in welcome screen. (Next, Cancel buttons being disabled)

If I import the old strings back it works fine. The problem is just with those translated strings. I've checked that there are no string ID's missing or anything like that. I am pretty confused about this and I would be very grateful if someone could help me on this issue.