PDA

View Full Version : After install installshield restart after changing to Limited user account

marksu
10-19-2004, 08:10 AM
After Installation of my app by admin user I change user to limited user.
Then when trying to start my installed app using Limited user account I get a message that administrator right need to be used to install.

Well the app was installed allready with admin rights why does running my app still start portion of express install?

I did change Limited user all right to my app folder, but it still gives that InstallShield message.

EDIT: Following 2 messages apears when trying to start my allready installed application in Limited user account.

Message1: Please wait while Windows configures InstallShield X Express Edition.
Message2: Please make sure that you have administrative privilegies on the system before installing.

Mike Marino
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Try your setup on a machine that Express is not installed on. I believe those messages are from our Installation, not yours.

marksu
10-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Thanks Mike !

That did it :)
Sorry for the kind of double post.

marksu

omookin
10-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Try your setup on a machine that Express is not installed on. I believe those messages are from our Installation, not yours.
Hey Mike ,I have a somewhat similar situation....an MSI of powerbuilder will install normally when I log in, but if any other user who doesnt have admin rights on the pc logs on and tries to install for the 1st time, the installer just keeps looping continuously. And if they continously hit cancel enough times then they can see the app.Help!!!

Mike Marino
10-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Do you have any registry keys that go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

omookin
10-28-2004, 11:54 PM
I dont belief so.I would check to confirm but I am at home right now (its 12.42am) I was just worried and trying to do some research about it, as its holding up the whole project ?? Normally I dont let any entries in HKCU though as a practise .

TsungH
10-29-2004, 10:18 AM
From your another post in another forum, I gather you are using AdminStudio to repackage PowerBuilder. You may get more responses at AdminStudio forum. Here is a discussion thread (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=140434) that may give you a start.

As an aside, while repackaging, I do not always remove all registry entries under HKCU. Some applications do require application related registry entries under HKCU to work.

Mike Marino
10-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Do you have the InstallShield Update Service Merge Module included in your Project? (This is included by default in New Projects, so it may be there even if you did not add it.).