PDA

View Full Version : Changing folder permissions

marksu
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
I like to change the folder permission for all users for the program files folder.

I can do that by using Folder - properties - permissions.

Problem is that when I put user name "Users" whitch effects all individual users. Well it will not work as the most OS are in Finnish language. After changing the word "Users" to "Käyttäjät" (finnish name of Users) it worked on Finnish OS. Well the problem is that I need the setup app to be compatible on both English and Finnish OS. To make two separate setup app would be too complicated solution.

TsungH
10-19-2004, 09:22 AM
You should try using Everyone, instead of Users. For more information, you can refer to LockPermissions Table (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/lockpermissions_table.asp).

marksu
10-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks a million TsungH.

That did the trick.

Now I still have to figure out why I get following two messages after succesfull install (admin),when i log in as limited user and try to start the application.

Message1: Please wait while Windows configures InstallShield X Express Edition.
Message2: Please make sure that you have administrative privilegies on the system before installing.

Mike Marino
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Try your setup on a machine that Express is not installed on. I believe those messages are from our Installation, not yours.

marksu
10-20-2004, 03:18 AM
Thanks Mike !

That did it :)
Sorry for the kind of double post.

marksu