PDA

View Full Version : Importing a Background Image??

Superfreak3
09-13-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm trying to import an image via the Fill Styles tab from the background properties. I can import other images to place on the scenes, but I can't import a background image for some reason. Are there restrictions on the size/resolutions that can be imported?

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!

JoannaG
09-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Hello,

What type and size of image are you importing? I suggest importing your images through the Resource Manager found in the Demo menu. If the image is larger than 4MB or if it will need to be Imported by Reference. This can be done by selecting Import by Reference before importing the image in the Resource Manager. If a resource is Imported by Reference it is not embedded in the demo file but instead is referenced from the same location as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe) in your distribution.

JPG images cannot be Imported by Reference. They are not directly supported in DemoShield and are converted to BMP format when the resource is imported into the demo.

I hope this is helpful.

Superfreak3
09-16-2004, 10:30 AM
It was the size. I reduced the size of the image and was able to import it. I forgot to post saying such.

Sorry about that, but thanks anyway!